CITB Site Safety Plus Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Venues at Bolton, Liverpool, Birkenhead & Deeside
Who should attend?
This two-day course will reinforce and update your knowledge and understanding of your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. The United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all managers working on UKCG sites.
You must hold a valid Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate, which has been gained within the last five years. You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
Duration: 2 days
Cost: Please ask for a quote (includes cost of publications, registration/certification and refreshments)
Grant: Please visit http://www.citb.co.uk/grant/ for further information
Assessment & Exams:
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
Further qualifications include:
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Construction ILM (CILM) Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management Practice