Maximum number of delegates: 15
Certificate valid for: 5 YEARS
Duration: 2 DAYS
Accreditation body: CITB
Who should attend?
This two-day course aims to refresh your understanding of your key responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health, welfare and the environment, enabling you to provide healthy and safe working conditions for everyone on site. The United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all managers working on UKCG sites
You must hold a valid SMSTS certificate, which has been gained within the last five years. This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending this SMSTS Refresher course. You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
Duration: 2 days
Cost: Please ask for a quote (includes cost of publications, registration/certification and lunch/refreshments)
Grant: Please visit www.citb.co.uk/levy-grant/grants-available for further information
Assessment & Exams:
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. In addition, you will be required to undertake some self-study outside of the course. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
Further qualifications include:
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Construction ILM (CILM) Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management Practice
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS)