Maximum number of delegates: 15
Certificate valid for: 5 YEARS
Duration: 5 DAYS
Accreditation body: CITB
Who should attend?
This is a five-day course which provides project managers, site managers and supervisors, business proprietors and client-based personnel with the knowledge and skills to enable them to ensure healthy and safe conditions for construction site employees. The United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all managers working on UKCG sites.
You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces
Duration: 5 days (block or day release available)
Cost: Please ask for a quote (includes cost of publications, registration/certification and lunch/refreshments)
Grant: Please visit www.citb.co.uk/levy-grant/grants-available for further information
Assessment & Exams:
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. In addition, you will be required to undertake some self-study outside of the course. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending the SMSTS Refresher course.
Further qualifications include:
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Construction ILM (CILM) Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS)