Maximum number of delegates: 12
Certificate valid for: 3 YEARS
Duration: 1 DAY
Accreditation body: TQUK
Who should attend?
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to gain a nationally recognised qualification in First Aid. The objective of the qualification is for those learners already working or preparing to work in industry and that have been identified within the company’s risk assessment of First Aid and supports the role in the workplace as a First aider. It is typically delivered as a one-day programme.
Topics within this course are regarded by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) as being important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace. The qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills in First Aid
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with minor injury
Duration: 1 day
Cost: Please ask for a quote (includes cost of publications, registration/certification and lunch/refreshments)
The practical assessment of learners for the qualification is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills across a number of areas.
Learners are required to answer a series of questions ensuring their understanding of the theory content is sufficient to meet the required standard. Oral questioning can be used to extract further information for these questions during the practical assessments Accident Report Form Learners are required to show evidence that they are able to complete an accident report form.
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a TQUK Level 2 Award Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) certificate.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development via the completion of any of the following signposted qualifications/training:
- HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (FAW) (QCF)
- HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid Response
- HABC Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF)